WHEN WE ADD も TO A QUESTION WORD, WE CHANGE THE MEANING OF THE WORD. e.g. WHAT BECOMES NOTHING, WHO BECOMES NOBODY, WHERE BECOMES NOWHERE.
- These sentences are always in the negative.
HERE'S ANOTHER WAY TO LOOK AT IT:
なに - なにも
- what - nothing
だれ - だれも
- who - nobody/not anybody
どちら - どちらも
- which (of two) - neither/not either
どれ - どれも
- which - none/not any
どこ - どこ(に)も
- where - (to) nowhere/not anywhere
- the particle に is still needed when we talk about going to nowhere
- when we add the particle に, it goes in front of the も